An ode to the Middle Ages, the album by the Icelandic/German metallers is sung entirely in Old Norse-Icelandic and with added Skaldic stanzas from the world-known Icelandic sagas.
Aldafǫðr ok munka dróttinn was composed and recorded in Germany and Iceland between May and November 2013 and then mixed and mastered in December 2013 by the experienced hands of producer Markus Stock at Klangsmiede Studio E (Empyrium, Helrunar and Secrets of the Moon). A full length album in every sense, the record spans a total of 81 minutes, divided into nine songs on two CDs or LPs.
Árstíðir lífsins - Aldafǫðr ok munka dróttinn
1. Kastar heljar brenna fjarri ofan Ǫnundarfirðinum (12:10)
2. Knǫrr siglandi birtisk á löngu bláu yfirborði (08:16)
3. Þeir heilags dóms hirðar (13:42)
4. Úlfs veðrit er ið CMXCIX (08:34)
5. Máni, bróðir Sólar ok Mundilfara (04:32)
1. Tími er kominn at kveða fyrir þér (08:34)
2. Norðsæta gætis, herforingja Ormsins langa (06:10)
3. Bituls skokra benvargs hreggjar á sér stað (08:20)
4. Sem lengsk vánar lopts ljósgimu hvarfs dregr nærri (10:46)
To order the album via the Ván Records store, click HERE.
ÁRSTÍÐIR LÍFSINS online:
Ván Records on Facebook